Power washing brings your property back to life. But it’s can time-consuming task. Know when to bring in professional help, and which service is right for your needs.
Power washing is one of those jobs that most people just can’t get around to doing.
There seems to be a trend in how long people are cleaning their homes or businesses. The amount of time they are spending washing their homes has dropped by over 30% in the past 20 years. The question is: why?
Whether it is because of the time, the effort, the mess, or a combination of all three, power washing just doesn’t seem like a task that one wants to do.
The truth is that power washing must be done if you want to keep your home or business looking its best. Skipping this crucial maintenance can leave its facade looking cheap, grimy, unattractive, and uninviting.
We all must find a way to get power washing done one way or another. The easiest way to do that is to find a good power washing service.
Using a professional power washing service will help you avoid many of the hassles of doing it yourself and will help you get the job done in less time. But how do you know which service is the best service to hire?
Well, that all depends on you. There are many services out there, but only one will fit your situation. Knowing how to identify your needs, and who will meet them is essential.
What are power washing services?
Power washing is a process used to clean many different types of surfaces. For example, you might have a commercial property that is covered in graffiti or a driveway that has been stained by pooling water.
Finding a power washing service can help you refresh these areas, making them sparkle and shine once more.
Because it would be far too difficult to scrub such surfaces with soap and water alone, it is necessary to use the water from a power washer to rinse away unwanted messes.
A power washing service will usually be part of a professional cleaning service for commercial or residential properties.
They will brighten your external surfaces and make them more sanitary.
What is the difference between power washing and pressure washing?
Power washing uses high-pressure jets of water to clear away dirt, mold, and mildew that builds up on a variety of surfaces, such as marble, brick, stone, or wood.
It uses a high-power stream of water to blast away anything in its path, and it is a great option for maintaining the curb appeal of your building.
Surface cleaning, also known as pressure washing, is different.
It’s done by spraying a low-pressure stream of water (less than 200 pounds per square inch, or psi) to remove unsightly sediments from surfaces such as decks, walkways, and porches. It can also be used to clean the siding of houses and commercial buildings.
While power washing would scrape away any paint on your fence or siding in an instant, pressure washing is great for softer areas that are more prone to damage.
But the most important difference between power washing and pressure washing is the temperature of the water.
Power washers use hot water to clean and sanitize surfaces, blasting away anything in their path. Pressure washers use non-heated water to blast away stains.
This means that while pressure washers are great for cleaning up some surfaces, power washers are better for heavy-duty cleaning.
The high heat of a power washer will clean up even the toughest of areas, where particles and stains have really clung to the surface.
It can remove paint from graffiti or chewing gum. But you must be careful to use it properly.
A cleaning professional will be able to identify your needs, and whether power washing or pressure washing is best for your situation.
Don’t leave it up to chance, and risk losing money on property damage.
Work with someone who really knows what they’re doing.
Choosing the right power washing service.
If you’re looking for a power washing service, there are a few things you should think about before hiring a company. After all, there are a lot of professionals out there and all of them claim to be the best. This can make it difficult to determine which one to choose.
The best way to find a power washing service that’s right for you is to know what you’re looking for ahead of time. You will need to have some kind of idea of what you want to accomplish, how much you’re willing to spend, and what sort of company you want to work with.
Read: 10 Benefits of Hiring a Professional Power Washing Services
A good power washing service can help you clean your exterior, driveway, and patio without needing to get on the floor and wash it all inch by inch with a bucket and a brush.
They will have all the products, equipment, and training necessary to transform your building quickly, safely, and effectively.
In order to help you make the best possible decision for your money, here are some of the important factors to consider when finding the right professional for you:
- Price, but not in the way you might think. We all want to save money, but going for the cheapest contractor might cost you more money in the long run. If the job isn’t done right the first time, the returning service will be coming out of your pocket, not theirs.
- Request a quote. Having an estimate for how much the power washing service will cost you is important so that you can choose something within your budget. But what’s more important is that they provide you with outstanding service for the cost.
- Honesty, integrity, and reliability. Is the company transparent with you about what their services will entail? Are they fully licensed, bonded, or insured? If not, we highly recommend you look elsewhere for assistance.
- The company’s track record. How long a power washing service has been in business will determine everything from how well the staff is trained to what kinds of solutions they can provide you. Don’t forget to check reviews for their reputation, too!
- Customer satisfaction. Your power washing service provider’s ability to get results is important, but it’s not the only thing that matters. They should also be courteous and respectful of your home, family, business, staff, or customers at all times.
- Identify what your building needs. Does your storefront have tons of graffiti on it? Is your pool area stained and unsightly? Or, is your driveway and sidewalk just full of gross, disgusting gum? Know what you’re dealing with before you call a professional.
- Write out your goals. Creating a list of things that you are hoping to accomplish with your power washing can help foster a more productive conversation with the service provider. It can also help you determine pretty quickly if they’re right for you or not.
- How long has it been since your last cleaning? The amount of dirt that builds up on your building’s surface can vary. If it’s been a while since you’ve done any power washing, you might need a more intensive service than someone who cleans regularly.
- Equipment matters. Now that you know the difference between power washing and pressure washing, you’ll want to determine exactly what your service provider is bringing to the table. Make sure they have the right tools to get the job done.
- What products do they use? Sometimes, the water from the power washing machine needs a little extra boost. In these cases, your service provider may use soap or something else. But there’s no reason to be bringing toxic chemicals into the mix!
- Get to know their process. The methods and techniques that a professional power washing company will use to clean your commercial or residential building matter. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.
- Make sure the services meet your expectations. The best power washing service will always be fully willing to cooperate with you and what you are looking for out of the service. Get their guarantee that they will provide you with a personalized experience.
- How quickly can they get the job done? Power washing needs to happen in a certain timeframe so that you’re not stuck with an ugly-looking building for too long. Make sure you find someone who can work within your boundaries.
- Their commitment to quality. Some power washing services just want to get you through the works so they can collect their pay and move on to the next one. Choose a service provider who can prove they truly care about you and your needs.
- Get a consultation. Any power washing service that’s worthwhile will be more than happy to schedule an assessment to talk about your needs. Always remember to do a walk-through of your building before choosing who to hire.
What to consider when hiring a power washing service.
There are many aspects to finding a power washing service that come into play when deciding which company is right for you. From the products they use to the actual expertise of the cleaning crew, it can feel overwhelming having to weigh out all your options.
But you can simplify this process by working with someone who is willing to be transparent about the services they offer and help you identify crucial areas that need attention.
Being clear and setting realistic expectations is an important part of providing top-notch power washing services.
Make sure they are honest with you about the condition of your building, and what you can hope to achieve with the cleaning.
You should also be aware of the many different types of services available. For example, some power washing services only clean the outside of buildings while others clean the inside as well.
It may be more beneficial for you to find a company that can do it all, rather than one that is only willing to do one or two things.
Another factor to consider is whether or not the service utilizes pressure washers that are ecologically friendly and safe to use around your visitors or anyone else in the building.
Be ready to ask these questions so that you can determine what works best for you.
A company that is honest and upfront will help you make the best choice that you can.
How much will it cost to hire a professional power washing company?
Finding a professional power washing company to clean your building is a great investment.
They will charge you a little bit of money, but you will save yourself a lot of time, energy, and effort. Power washing services can vary in price depending on several different factors.
The first factor is how often you maintain the external surfaces of your property. If you only clean it once a year, then you will need a lot more work done than if you cleaned it once a month.
Another factor is what kind of things need to be removed from the surface. The power washing company will need to know what they are getting into before they can provide you with an accurate price for the service.
Lastly, the price may also be calculated by the size of the building being cleaned. This is an important factor because the more square feet the building has, the more time it will take to clean it. Make sure you ask about this whenever you get an assessment.
Why choose Home Clean Home?
Home Clean Home has been serving NYC and the surrounding area for almost 30 years. We have the skills and experience necessary to develop custom-tailored services for every need.
Our team is fully bonded and insured, using only non-toxic, natural cleaning products whenever possible. We specialize in both commercial and residential cleaning, providing well-rounded solutions for your home, business, or commercial building.
We will remove graffiti, blast away dirt, refresh your surfaces, and transform your exterior.
If needed, we are happy to discuss options for power washing the interior of your property as well. There is nothing that we won’t do to provide you with the utmost satisfaction.
Our team is always ready to help no matter what your situation may be.
Call today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation! (718) 627-5781